Friday 6 September 2013

Third year team - Inky Squid!

My 'I'm back' was a bit optimistic for such a busy summer! I did take on a large creative project, though it was very different to animation... If you fancy a gander, I made a blog about it here.

I have been thinking about my individual project and I think I've settled on an idea that will be diverse and fun to make, based on or titled "A Day in the Life of an Animator". Animating someone animating sounds like a healthy challenge! I want to incorporate those moments of the animator impersonating the character they are animating and of them posing in the mirror; it should be an accurately strange representation of computer animators!

The other half of third year is the group project. I've mentioned this briefly before without going into detail about my team as we didn't have anything going online yet. Our blog is now up and running, so head to www.inkysquiduk.blogspot.co.uk to see a spot of pre-production. The story we've decided on, which will be created in full 3D over the next nine or ten months, is one that shows how vivid kids' imaginations are. Two brothers are playing in a garden and a fight for some cookies begins, switching between real life and multiple different imaginary scenes. We're all excited for it -- though it's going to take a lot of work -- and having a very balanced team is something we all appreciate.

Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment