Monday 10 December 2012

Walk cycles!

Walk cycle #1 - with tutorial
After posing we moved onto walk cycles in Maya using MooM (the nice, friendly rig). We were to follow Penny's tutorial to a T to create our first walk cycle!



He obviously has something odd going on... I couldn't work out what was causing it, so I decided to leave it and see what happened when I started afresh on my second walk cycle. Still, I think it's pretty good -- despite the wiggle it's consistent and steady, and he has some purpose.


Walk cycle #2 - without tutorial (dun dun dun)
Next I opened Maya and worked on a walk cycle without referring to any tutorials. I did it in about half the time, and it turned out twice as good since I could focus on the animation rather than the order of doing things.



So MooM is not wiggly any more! I'm really proud of this. He looks almost normal. ;) And if that much improvement can be made from one cycle to the next, I am excited to see how much more my work continues to improve. A personality walk will be coming next (along with the other work finished off)!

Caitlin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment